Baby, the Stars Shine Bright

Sendai, 14th anniversary tea party

 
 
Hello Everyone, and welcome to another blog post. I'm going to be telling you about the last brand event I went to in Sendai. You are probably thinking, why the last? Well, on the 24th of July, both my contract and visa expires, so therefore I have to move back home to Australia. So, without furthur a do, here is my story.
 

 
 
On the 20th of April, 2019, I attended my last ever brand event. It was held at the same place as usual, a cute place called `Nota Blanca`, in Ichibancho. As this was brand event number six that I went to, I was pretty proud about making it an even number to finish off with. We were shown to our seats, served a really nice selection of spring themed sweets. We were also asked to stand up and do a self introduction, and tell the other people attending, what we were wearing. As my turn came, I did my intro and outfit spill, then I also made a small speech that I was leaving, and that the event was my last one. I felt a bit emotional, but I felt like I had to do it. It's the more proper, polite Japanese thing to do This was because the store staff are really nice, and I was also sad this had to come to an end, as some of the girls were asking me to be friends with them, just as I was starting to get to know them, and I was starting to feel more confident speaking Japanese.   
 
 





 
 

 
I also could not believe my luck, I won another raffle prize. But, as it was a blouse that was too small for me, and a necklace that would not have matched none of my other coords, I gave it to one of the others girls attending.
 
 
After the tea party finished, we left Nota Blanca and made our way to the Baby/ Pirates store as it was only a short walk away. As per usual, we made purchases and filled up those point cards. I also had photos with some of the other girls when they asked. It also felt good when they told me coord was cute and commenting on certain elements that appealed to them. I then knew I was starting to live up to the Japanese way of perfectionism. They told me I had a cute coords at previous events, but now I push it further and make an extra effort. By sitting back, watching, looking and taking taking mental notes, I use this as a tool to improve my coordination skills for the next when it arrives.




Some of the free gifts from this event.
 

Before I left the event for the last time, I asked to have a selfie with the shop owner, she agreed, then I bid her and the others good bye. I at last ticked off attending brand events off my bucket list. This is an experience I will never forget.

With the shop's manager.


 


Comments

  1. Aww, it all sounds like a wonderful last brand event to attend. You could always exchange social media handles with the girls who have asked to be friends and keep the budding relationships and Japanese skills up that way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cupcake,
      Yes, it was a wonderful last event. Saying goodbye is always hard, especially for people or communities that one becomes part of. I did exchange contact information with some of the girls. However, I am looking forward to being reunited with my little comm back home though. We have alot of catching up to do!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Brand In Review: Lady Sloth