Puroland and Lolita Fashion

 
 
 
Hello, back with another blog post. This time I wanted to talk about an outing a friend and I had to Sanrio Puroland, wearing Lolita fashion. For some of you who have not heard of Puroland- it's a theme park built to be an imaginary world of Hello Kitty and her friends. For example, Dear Daniel, My Melody, Kuromi, Pom Pom Purin, Little Twin Stars, Keroppi and etc.
 
 
Well anyway, I was down in Tokyo for my spring vacation, and I wanted to go to Puroland as I am a huge Hello Kitty fan. I also asked my friend if she wanted to join me and she said yes. So, we met at Puroland, took some photos and then entered the building. When we entered, we were bombarded with Japanese media wanting to interview us for a TV programme. We of course, also drew their attention because we were dressed in Lolita. Unfortunalty, one of the things about wearing alternate fashion, is that you draw unwanted attention from curios on lookers- and media. But, because everything about Puroland is cute, I wanted to dress cute and be cute. I wanted to have a good time, dressed in clothes that I love and want to wear!! I wanted an extra fun memory to remember my time in Japan by; dressed in Lolita and spending time with my friend at one of the cutest places I'd ever been too.
 

 
Anyway, we declined the interview and continued on our way to enjoy the park as this was my first time being there, and I also wanted my photo with Hello Kitty. So to get my photo, we had to make our way to Kitty's mansion. In the mansion, we were again approached by media, again we declined. The reason we declined is that my friend and I didn't like how foreigners are portrayed in the media. It would probably made for more ratings interviewing a couple of foreigners, dressed in Lolita at Puroland. So, we once again managed to escape the media, making our way through Kitty's mansion, posing and taking our own photos and then a picture with Hello Kitty.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
After we finished at Kitty's mansion we went to watch the Miracle Gift Parade, Kiki and Lala's Twinkling Tour, a boat ride, more photos and then making our way to the Rainbow food hall for dinner. I was surprised that the food at the food hall tasted so good, especially for themed food. In Japan, I've generally been satisfied with the themed food tasting good and have not had any bad experiences thus far.
 


 
So anyway, after dinner, we decided to called it a day, returned hometo rest, and meet up the next day for the Harajuku fashion walk. I would love the thank my friend in Tokyo, she always makes time for me when I visit and I really appreciate that. I will miss her, but I hope that we will see each other again in the future. Friends are special, it's important to keep them close.
 
Until next time, stay lovely ruffle butts!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brand In Review: Lady Sloth