Brand in review: Dollbe


Ok, I'm back with another long-awaited post. A LOT has happened since I wrote my last post. I got married, went back to university, and got a new job, so I have only had a little spare time to write a blog post. However, life events aside, I am back with another brand in review. This time, Dollbe.

A long time ago, I bought a deer accessory at a convention I went to, however did not have a dress to wear it with or coordinate it with. However, I had been following Dollbe on Facebook and Instagram and decided to browse her website. Whilst browsing, I come across a dress with deer on it, I fell in love. It come in two colour ways- sax and pink. I got the sax colour. 

Dollbe is also really inclusive when it comes to accommodating to plus size ladies and has a range of sizes and waist types to choose from- empire and natural waist. It had a really easy-to-follow sizing guide and got my desired size. The JSK I got was made out of cotton, really comfortable to wear with plenty of room in the breast area. It was obvious that love and attention go into each garment lovingly sewn together by hand. It had no threads hanging out and you could tell that a lot of care was taken with the craftsmanship of the garment. 

The print on the dress is really simple but effective. It stood out, but not too over the top. It was easy to coordinate. I coordinated it with a straw hat that I bought in a shop and DIYd and decorated it to match the dress. I wore it with short lace socks from SHEIN, shoes from Cotton Candy Feet, a blouse from SHEIN, and the deer accessory I had bought at that con ages ago. I have since added deer earrings to wear with the coord. 




However, there was just a small problem with the shipping. Because I got the dress on a payment plan, it was shipped with a different shipping service or something? Anyway, after a month of waiting, I still had not received the dress, so I got back in touch, and she said she was sorry it happened. I could either get a refund or wait for another dress to be made and shipped out. I chose the latter option. So, after another month of waiting, I finally received the dress. As I had been waiting for so long since the time of purchase, she threw in some freebies for me: a matching tote bag complete with a zip and also a necklace. I must say the owner, her name is Mint, was very helpful and accommodating in all aspects of the purchase. However, I do not know if I will buy from her again? Apparently, she's not shipping to Australia anymore or something? So I will just enjoy and cherish the one dress I have from her and wear it with pride. 

Have you ordered from Dollbe? What was your experience with Dollbe? 

Please leave a comment below and tell me all about it. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brand In Review: Lady Sloth