Times I've thought of quitting Lolita...

 
Hi everyone, I'm back with another story. I wanted to share this because its been on my mind and I need it get it out. As you've probably guessed from the title, there have been times I have thought of quitting lolita...........Yes, quitting.
 
This frustration all started when I ordered my one of my dream dresses from Haenuli. I've ordered previously from Haeluli and didn't have a problem. So when reservations opened for one of my dream dresses, I quickly reserved and paid my money. I waited for a month or two and at last, said dress shows up. I carefully take it out of the box and plastic it was wrapped in and went to try it on. It wouldn't fit over my breasts. I. was. devastated. A dress I was looking forward to for so long didn't fit my fat, foreigner body. I'd even bought accessories to go with this outfit...............So, with a feeling of disappointment, sadness and frustration, I carefully wrapped it back up and packed it away back in the box.
 
Image result for enchanted fawn haenuli
This was my dream dress.
Image may contain: Kiera Hohne, smiling, standing and shoes
This was the one I ordered and payed for previously.
 
I thought; I have two choices, either get it altered OR send it back and get a refund.........So, I emailed Haenuli to see what the deal was with returns, and providing everything was clear, I could get a refund. I'm very greatful for this, as most of the time, lolita brands don't give refunds. So, I trudged up to the post office and sent it back to South Korea. I had a hopeless feeling in my heart and head. I was frustrated, disappointed and sad all at the same time. I was on the verge of quitting lolita. I thought " what's the use if I can't buy and enjoy my dream dresses"?.
 
But then I thought; hang on a minute............I should stop all this hateful self talk. I have lolita to thank for changing my life in more ways than one. Because of lolita, I made new friends, friends which are hard to find. It was through these friends that I had fun, enjoyed their company and have things in common with. It was through these friends that accepted me for who I was regardless of my body size. It was these friends that were there for me and provided me with support and help on so many levels. But lolita in general, lolita made me feel more feminine. I think I look pretty when I'm all dressed up, and can't stop looking at photos of myself.
 
Image may contain: 6 people, including Kiera Hohne, Jessica Kate Casey, Jayne Scott, Stephanie Wickham and Emily Hammond, people smiling, people standing and outdoor
I miss my small lolita comm.........We will be reunited again soon!!
 
Image may contain: 6 people, including Kirstie McClure, Kiera Hohne and Jayne Scott, people smiling
All my friends.
 
So I guess the lessons I've learnt from this is 1) don't buy dresses you know that are not going to fit, 2) Stop feeling sorry from myself and buy from indie brands that DO cater for bigger girls and 3) love and accept myself for who I am.
 
 
Ok, that's all for now, until next time rufflebutts.
 
Have a lovely lolita day!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brand In Review: Lady Sloth