Brand In Review: Lady Sloth

Welcome to first of my review series on plus size friendly Lolita Brands. Today's brand in review is Lady Sloth (LS).

I first discovered Lady Sloth back in 2014 when I first got into Lolita Fashion. At the time I was just a looker and did not buy any of her products. Fast forward to 2017, I was in Japan, Lady Sloth released a print called "Welcome to my Doll House". I loved this print for many reasons, but because I am a doll lover I could not resist getting it. Three to six months later the dress, blouse and accessories arrived in my mailbox. Since then, I have purchased three or four more of her designs. 

"Welcome To My Doll House"

Lady Sloth uses many different materials, ranging from chiffon, organza, polyester, cotton and etc. I'm no seamstress and not really familiar with materials, but overall wearing the materials the dress is made from, I find the garments very comfortable to wear. I find some of her dresses and blouses do not have lace, and that some do, for example "Teatime at Grandma's' which has lovely additions of lace to the design and meets the going for afternoon tea that is synnomenous with Lolita fashion very flattering, compared to Japanese brands which are dripping with lace. However, a positive thing about Lady Sloth dresses and blouses not having much lace is you can either dress the coord up or dress it down super casual. 




"Grandma's Teatime"

I have not come across any faults with the stuff I have bought from LS. It has not fallen apart from being worn, nor arrived with threads hanging out. As LS is a small business, I am under the impression that her staff take care when sewing together the garments and nor do they have that "fast fashion'' look and feel about it. I know everyone reading this will have a different experience and opinion from what I've experienced with the brand.

Ok, now let's talk about LS and plus size fashion. I love, love, love how LS is inclusive and generous with their sizing.  Every time I order from them, I always get custom size as I am a big girl and like clothes to fit comfortably, especially since I am paying so much money for something so expensive. I appreciate the effort LS put in to do this and really appreciate the time they put in to drafting the patterns, to cutting them out and sewing them together. Better not forget to mention they put shirring into their garments to accommodate extra room for breast area. 



                                                             "Spooky Macarons"


One cannot forget to mention cute accessories that LS makes to go with the dress/ blouse. Of course, the accessories, head bows and berets come at an additional cost. So, if you want to make that coord extra special and want to add accessories you can't find anywhere else, add some to your order, before you get to the online checkout. 


"Galaxy Witch"


Lastly, I want to discuss LS and their communication with customers. After trying and trying and trying, after maybe four or five weeks I finally get a response regarding my latest order (pic of dress below), with the brand. I'd seen other people on social media post photos of the same dress I ordered eight months ago and why I still had not received mine. So after some hounding, they finally sent my order, then another few days of hounding to get a tracking number. I'm not here to trash talk LS but offer merely some advice. As I'm a small business owner myself, they really need to work on communication. Maybe hire someone to answer social media messages and emails. I understand it's hard to do everything as a small business owner, but it is also not a sin to ask for help when it gets too much for a person ALL the responsibility. Probably does not help when there is a war raging in the country next door either.  


 "Dollimals"


OK, that wraps up my first review of the Lady Sloth brand. What's your experience with them? What did you order? What are your favourite coords? Please comments below, I'm interested in reading your answers!!                                                    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog